The Fundraising Team at Gertrude Hawk Chocolates is dedicated to a successful and safe fundraising season for you and your organization. On this page you will find some frequently asked questions as well as some additional information to help you and your team have a goal-setting fundraiser.
What is Safe Fundraising?
- Avoid collecting cash from buyers. Offer to collect money via check or payment apps such as, PayPal, Venmo or CashApp. These are free, safe and secure. If buyers insist on paying with cash, ask them to place it in an envelope.
- Encourage buyers to use the Gertrude Hawk Fundraising site. They have the same products available to them as in the catalogs.
- Encourage buyers to have their orders shipped directly to their homes, rather than delivered by your seller. This option is available during the check out process online.
Seller Tips for Safe Fundraising
- We realize that part of a successful fundraiser is seeing people face-to-face, but we also want you to stay safe. Reach out to your customers by trying a video conference, calling them on the phone, sending a flyer or a personalized email.
- Start a Facebook group for your fundraiser. This is an easy way to invite and communicate with your buyers, it also gives you the opportunity to reach out to family and friends beyond your local area.
- Another way to show how important this fundraiser is for your organization is to make a quick video. Introduce yourself, your goals, timeline and a call to action, directing them to contact you. These short videos can be posted on social media or sent via email or text.
- If you're building a Facebook group, making a video or just sending an email be sure to include these important things to help educate your buyers on why this fundraiser is important to you:
- Introduce yourself
- Goal of the fundraiser
- What the funds will go towards
- How long will the fundraiser last
- Encourage them to share your page, video or pass along your email
- Thank them in advance
- The Gertrude Hawk Fundraising Team has also included some graphics and literature for you to use. These can be found in the Marketing Materials area of the site.